Old 27-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Snooze

Default Lars: rodent bait stations

Lars i tried to email you, but you apparently aren't a comcast customer
anymore. -S

"Lar" wrote in message
t...

The active in that is boric acid, so as long as they feed on it it

will slowly kill the ants...in large colony ants like argentine, a

build up of BA can cause then to split the colony due to its

repellency so it's not always the best to use at times, but as long as

they are eating it...

According to the label,

http://tinyurl.com/ch8uj

it doesn't appear that boric acid is the main pesticide, unless they
consider it to be part of the filler/bait and hid it in the inert
ingredients list.

Also, where does one get a key to open a protecta LP rodent bait station?
Our former pest control company left them behind, I'd like to refill them
with tomcat bait blocks, instead of having to buy new bait stations. Any
thoughts on if delta dust is safe enough for armatures to use? I plan on
just using a duster to pump it through the crawl space vents.

Thanks

-S

Old 27-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Lar

In article ,
says...
Lars i tried to email you, but you apparently aren't a comcast customer
anymore. -S
You have to remove the "BUGS"

"Lar" wrote in message
t...

The active in that is boric acid, so as long as they feed on it it

will slowly kill the ants...in large colony ants like argentine, a

build up of BA can cause then to split the colony due to its

repellency so it's not always the best to use at times, but as long as

they are eating it...

According to the label,

http://tinyurl.com/ch8uj

it doesn't appear that boric acid is the main pesticide, unless they
consider it to be part of the filler/bait and hid it in the inert
ingredients list.

Hmm My google search may of brought up an old label. I would think what
you found is the newer one. N-ethyl Perfluorooctanesulfonamide
(Sulfuramid) is used professionally, like boric acid is a slow stomach
poison, but without the BA build up. It is very slow acting though, but
if they are feeding on it they will die out. Depending on the nest
population it can be over two weeks worth of foraging.

Also, where does one get a key to open a protecta LP rodent bait station?
Our former pest control company left them behind, I'd like to refill them
with tomcat bait blocks, instead of having to buy new bait stations. Any
thoughts on if delta dust is safe enough for armatures to use? I plan on
just using a duster to pump it through the crawl space vents.

Try the email again without the "bugs". Send an address and I'm sure I
can come up with a key for you. You can use a screwdriver if need be,
pry towards the center of the station while lifting up. There are two
tabs that will need prying on each side.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS