Old 10-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Bharat P. Baliga-Savel

Default Sycamore tree has mildew

folks:

my 30 ft. tall Sycamore Tree has mildew. I can't do a spray of the tree with
any fungicide since it's too tall. is there a systemic solution to getting
rid of this fungus?

additionally, the 2 neighboring trees also have the same symptoms. is this
fungus "contagious". do i need to treat the other 2 trees as well?

thanx
=b
Bharat P. Baliga-Savel Cisco Systems Inc./STG
--
In the force, if yoda is strong, talk straight why can't he?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Doug Kanter

There is a systemic thing that tree services can apply, but based on my
experience 20 years ago with a huge sycamore, it's not worth it. Before we
knew better, we paid big bucks to have these little vials stuck into the
tree. The next year, the disease was gone, and the year after, it returned.
We later learned that it varies from year to year, and is totally absent in
some years. The best solution is neatness, we were told. Although it's nice
to use leaves as mulch, you should not do this with infected sycamore
leaves. Bag them and get rid of them. Chemicals will be a waste of time and
money.

Old 10-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Doug Kanter

Oh....I forgot to mention that our tree, which was given 2-3 years to live
(by a tree "expert"), is still alive 20 years later. It still gets the
fungus to an extent, but apparently, the tree doesn't care much.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Vox Humana

"Bharat P. Baliga-Savel" wrote in message

folks:

my 30 ft. tall Sycamore Tree has mildew. I can't do a spray of the tree

with
any fungicide since it's too tall. is there a systemic solution to getting
rid of this fungus?

additionally, the 2 neighboring trees also have the same symptoms. is this
fungus "contagious". do i need to treat the other 2 trees as well?

Sycamores tend to get anthracnose. Mine get both anthracnose and some type
of gall. It is only a cosmetic problem and no treatment is indicated.

[IMG] code is On

when mildew isn't mildew T[_4_] Edible Gardening 1 16-08-2016 06:09 AM
Location near Raleigh of a large sycamore tree? [email protected] North Carolina 0 25-06-2011 03:23 PM
Sycamore tree bark MonopTN alt.forestry 3 03-07-2003 02:08 PM
Sycamore Trees mks5959 Lawns 4 16-05-2003 10:56 PM
Advice! Plants beneath sycamore? Technology Graphics United Kingdom 4 25-03-2003 08:20 PM