Old 25-04-2003, 11:03 PM
Registered User

Location: Burlington, Iowa
Default Sycamore Trees

I have a rather large sycamore tree in my back yard. The neighbor next to me has complained because he says the tree has dust mites. The tree does hang over into his yard. We have a wood privacy fence between the properties. I have contacted someone to come trim the tree, I don't want to lose the shape of the tree that's why I agreed to have it trimed. But now he wants me to do something about these dust mites. His suggestion was to cut down the tree. Which I won't do. What can I do to please him and get rid of these dust mites. He claims he gets bit all the time. Thanks. Mary
Old 25-04-2003, 11:44 PM

mks5959 wrote:
I have a rather large sycamore tree in my back yard. The neighbor next
to me has complained because he says the tree has dust mites. The tree
does hang over into his yard. We have a wood privacy fence between the
properties. I have contacted someone to come trim the tree, I don't
want to lose the shape of the tree that's why I agreed to have it
trimed. But now he wants me to do something about these dust mites.
His suggestion was to cut down the tree. Which I won't do. What can I
do to please him and get rid of these dust mites. He claims he gets
bit all the time. Thanks. Mary

Think he'd be happy with an insect fogger? (you buy)

Do you fued with this neighbor over other things too?

--
GO# 40
http://www.nobodyhere.com/justme/me.here
Old 26-04-2003, 09:34 PM

I hope you don't cut down the sycamore. Dust mites are everywhere and they
don't lurk in sycamore trees. Tell him he can avoid them if he sleeps while
suspended from the ceiling by his ankles. Frankly, it sounds like your
neighbor is a blithering idiot. He probably has a foil hat to wear around
the house to keep the black helicopters from monitoring his brainwaves.
Better yet, tell him sycamores are naturally dust-mite-repellant or
something. If you cut it down he will still get bitten by dust mites and
he'll probably blame it on your dog or cat or the direction you point your
car when you park it.

Best of luck with the neighbor and enjoy the tree!

I have a rather large sycamore tree in my back yard. The neighbor next
to me has complained because he says the tree has dust mites. The tree
does hang over into his yard. We have a wood privacy fence between the
properties. I have contacted someone to come trim the tree, I don't
want to lose the shape of the tree that's why I agreed to have it
trimed. But now he wants me to do something about these dust mites.
His suggestion was to cut down the tree. Which I won't do. What can I
do to please him and get rid of these dust mites. He claims he gets
bit all the time. Thanks. Mary

--
mks5959

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Old 27-04-2003, 04:32 AM
Timothy

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:03:43 +0100, mks5959 wrote:

I have a rather large sycamore tree in my back yard. The neighbor next
to me has complained because he says the tree has dust mites. The tree
does hang over into his yard. We have a wood privacy fence between the
properties. I have contacted someone to come trim the tree, I don't
want to lose the shape of the tree that's why I agreed to have it
trimed. But now he wants me to do something about these dust mites. His
suggestion was to cut down the tree. Which I won't do. What can I do
to please him and get rid of these dust mites. He claims he gets bit
all the time. Thanks.
Mary

Mary, I firmly believe that your tree does not have dust mites. Dust mites
live on dead human skin cells, most commonly found living in your beds
and carpets. I can not find any information on the net that includes dust
mites in outdoor enviroments. If he is truly being bitten, then I'd
suspect that it's fleas or other insects. I personally believe that your
neighbor has issues with the tree that he may not wish to discuss with you
.... or he may even possibly have issues with you personally. But no matter
what the real issue maybe, it's not dust mites.

--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com

Old 16-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Junk McBunk

mks5959 wrote in message ...
I have a rather large sycamore tree in my back yard. The neighbor next
to me has complained because he says the tree has dust mites. The tree
does hang over into his yard. We have a wood privacy fence between the
properties. I have contacted someone to come trim the tree, I don't
want to lose the shape of the tree that's why I agreed to have it
trimed. But now he wants me to do something about these dust mites.
His suggestion was to cut down the tree. Which I won't do. What can I
do to please him and get rid of these dust mites. He claims he gets
bit all the time. Thanks. Mary

Could it be that he is allergic to sycamores?
A friend of mine says the "balls" it produces causes their problems.
(Seems more likely than mites.)

sycamore trees shazzbat United Kingdom 5 25-09-2003 01:02 PM
sycamore trees shazzbat United Kingdom 0 23-09-2003 12:06 AM
Sycamore trees in midwest? Brigg222 Gardening 5 30-05-2003 06:08 PM
Question about Sycamore Trees... Amy Mason Plant Science 4 26-04-2003 01:31 PM
Question about Sycamore Trees... Amy Mason Plant Science 6 03-04-2003 09:32 PM