Old 12-10-2005, 11:18 PM

Default pretty and dangerous

I just learned that the "lucky bamboo" we have at the office
is also poisonous.
There is a photo of a "lucky bamboo" he
http://www.morguefile.com/archive/?d...=1125189744292

It isn't really a bamboo either.

Old 12-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Warren

I just learned that the "lucky bamboo" we have at the office
is also poisonous.
There is a photo of a "lucky bamboo" he
http://www.morguefile.com/archive/?d...=1125189744292

It isn't really a bamboo either.

I guess that means you'd better stop munching on the office plants.

Do you think maybe your boss was trying to send you a message about munching
on the plants by putting that one near you?

Old 13-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Cereus-validus.......

Its Dracaena sanderiana, a species from western Africa.

It isn't a bamboo at all nor does it have anything to do with the orient
other than it is a weedy species in the tropics and has become a pest in
Thailand.

The whole "lucky bamboo" is a scam they concocted to sell the plants to
naive westerners.

It isn't deadly toxic but, it isn't edible either. It is not dangerous but
it is worthless.

oups.com...