Old 07-04-2004, 12:36 AM
Hank Higgens

Default I think plants are intelligent and dangerous

I think that plants, especially trees and flowers, are not so "dumb"
as they seem.These beings are much more intelligent and may
communicate in a way we donīt understand.They may form a network where
a single tree is just a "neuron" in a giant "plant-brain".

I think trees and flowers and gras are fighting humans, that destroy
the forests and pollute the water.

Plants can attract humans by smells, so that they crash their cars
against trees - looks like an accident, but was murder by a tree.
Sea-plants can attack ships and sink them, nobody will survive to
tell.

Plants can produce drugs and psychotic substances that turn humans
into terrorists or madmen like Adolf Hitler.Plants are at war with
humans and manipulate humans for war, so that humans kill each other.

This is true, scientists who try to examine this will be manipulated
by the plants, so that they canīt tell the public that plants are evil
and dangerous.

Hank
Old 07-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Cereus-validus

Well isn't that special!

Did you come up with your theory by watching bad science fiction on TV?

Does Mr. Spock speak to you in your dreams?

Do you imbibe magic mushrooms?

Or are you just playing with us for fun?

Just curious. Are you old enough to vote yet?

om...

Old 07-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Iris Cohen

See your doctor.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 07-04-2004, 06:04 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

In that case you had better buy a lawnmower and make sure to use it every
week so as to prevent your lawn from ever mustering enough force for a
lethal attack.
PvR

Old 08-04-2004, 03:04 AM
Peter Jason

Dear kindred spirit. I had a similar idea about plants being social
creatures because they always flock together, and seem to perform better
together. Perhaps they DO communicate together for mutual benefit.

Be warned there are people here who will believe nothing unless they see it
in a text book.

Such people find independent thought a trifle difficult, and are always
running to the peer group for reassurance and solace.

Poor potty training I'll wager.

Indeed there is one insidious troll here who has been transmogrified and
rebirthed, and now uses another appellation; rather like a frog hiding
behind a garden gnome!

No doubt plants are behind the growing and pernicious "Green Movement", a
stratagem to permit plants to take over the world, and so push people into
the sea!

How clever of them!

Old 08-04-2004, 11:32 AM
Cereus-validus

So are you saying since many plants do better with their roots under a rock,
that must be a conspiracy between animate and inanimate objects? Afraid not.

The reason that more plant growing together do better is because of the
greatly increased amount of surface area for moisture to collect on the leaf
and stem surfaces at night and be retained on root surfaces. There is
nothing supernatural about it at all.

Text book, schmext book, your New Age hokum is nonsense. The answers are far
simpler that you would like them to be and have nothing at all to do with
supernatural intervention.