Old 26-10-2005, 05:52 AM

Default Old Vitamins as Fertilizers?

hi everyone,

found in our house some expired vitamins (a,e, etc). i was planning to
throw these away but then it occured to me, can i use this as
fertilizers for my flower beds? i just wanted to ask if these will
wither my plants.

thanks.

Old 26-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Snooze

wrote in message
ups.com...
hi everyone,

found in our house some expired vitamins (a,e, etc). i was planning to
throw these away but then it occured to me, can i use this as
fertilizers for my flower beds? i just wanted to ask if these will
wither my plants.

thanks.

I strongly suspect that the vitamin tablets you found won't have a
noticeable effect on the plants. Perhaps the starch/sugar binder used to
make the pill will fertilize the plants, but it would be such an
insignificant amount that there wouldn't be a gain.

-S

Old 26-10-2005, 12:53 PM

They will cause no harm.
Benefit may be minimal, perhaps some trace elements added.

[IMG] code is On

Adding vitamins to your compost Roberta Bagshaw Australia 2 09-05-2006 11:40 AM
vitamins & minerals L W Edible Gardening 0 14-06-2004 01:03 AM
[IBC] do plants use vitamins? (Yes they certainly do) Morten Albek Bonsai 4 27-10-2003 07:12 PM
Vitamins Iris Cohen Plant Science 1 21-10-2003 02:43 AM
[IBC] do plants use vitamins? Andy Rutledge Bonsai 1 20-10-2003 03:23 PM