Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2005, 04:05 PM
BrittonV

Default New Gardener in South Florida

Hi all.

This may be a stupid question, but when it comes to gardening, I am
stupid!!

I live in South Florida and want to grow some produce in my garden
(when I make a garden).

I have a couple of questions, concerns.

My sprinkler system feeds of the 'pond' behind my house. Is it safe to
water 'food' with water from this pond. Since all the pond is, is an
water retention pond that is refreshed with road run off from rain.

Being as the 'soil' here is primarily sand what should I do to get it
ready? I intend to start composting and what not, but I am sure I need
to do more to start.

Thanks for the guidance, I am sure that I will have more questions but
those are my major concerns.

Sincerely,
Vince