Old 05-11-2005, 10:34 PM

Default hydrangea not flowering and looks like it has rust

I have two Nikko Blue Hydrangea plants. I bought them in 2004.
They did not flower this year?
One of them looks like it might be suffering from rust. What should I
do?
Should I prune them during the fall?

Comment on any one or all.
Mary

Old 06-11-2005, 02:23 AM
Gary & Karen

Do not prune the Hydrangea. You will cut off next years buds. They bloom
on the previous years wood. This Hydrangea may not bloom in zone 5 or lower
with out winter protection. Let us know what zone you live in and we can
discuss winterizing.
Good luck

Gary

ups.com...

Old 06-11-2005, 05:09 AM
Jen

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have two Nikko Blue Hydrangea plants. I bought them in 2004.
They did not flower this year?
One of them looks like it might be suffering from rust. What should I
do?
Should I prune them during the fall?

Comment on any one or all.
Mary

I don't know about the rust. But you should prune after flowering, but only
prune the stems that just flowered, you prune right down near the bottom.

Jen

Old 06-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Vox Humana

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have two Nikko Blue Hydrangea plants. I bought them in 2004.
They did not flower this year?
One of them looks like it might be suffering from rust. What should I
do?
Should I prune them during the fall?

Mine need some protection in zone 6 or it won't bloom.