Old 21-12-2005, 08:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pete Kruzer

Default Hawaiian Ti Plant question.

How long does it take for one to bloom? Is there anyway to force it to
bud? I've had one for over a year and it's yet to bloom. I did find
some great watering instructions by Googling "Hawaiian Ti."
The following is from two different sites:

Water Requirements: medium
Additional Comments: Responds to high humidity; allow soil to dry
between waterings; bright light will help to maintain the high color of
the foliage.
Average Water Needs; Water regularly; do not overwater
Requires consistently moist soil; do not let dry out between waterings.

I'm trying to figure out how to allow the soil to dry but not to dry
between waterings!!

Old 21-12-2005, 09:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Cordyline terminalis is a shrub to a small tree native to Malaysia but is
widely grown in the Pacific islands by the Polynesians for its many uses.

Unless you live somewhere you can grow it outdoor all year long (like
Hawaii, southern California or peninsular Florida) or have a fairly large
greenhouse, you shouldn't expect to grow a plant to flowering size or under
the proper conditions for it to bloom.

Forget the badly written conflicting instructions.

The plant will grow best in a constantly moist but not wet humusy soil. Do
not let the plant stand in water.

"Pete Kruzer" wrote in message
oups.com...
How long does it take for one to bloom? Is there anyway to force it to
bud? I've had one for over a year and it's yet to bloom. I did find
some great watering instructions by Googling "Hawaiian Ti."
The following is from two different sites:

Water Requirements: medium
Additional Comments: Responds to high humidity; allow soil to dry
between waterings; bright light will help to maintain the high color of
the foliage.
Average Water Needs; Water regularly; do not overwater
Requires consistently moist soil; do not let dry out between waterings.

I'm trying to figure out how to allow the soil to dry but not to dry
between waterings!!

[IMG] code is On

Hawaiian Spider plant dipsydoodle United Kingdom 0 12-05-2009 10:34 AM
Hawaiian plant name Sacha United Kingdom 6 17-04-2009 12:12 PM
FREE Kalanchoe Hawaiian Life Plant - Commonly known as ‘air plant' BrianC Gardening 4 08-11-2004 01:28 AM
Hawaiian gardening Terry Horton Texas 0 26-06-2003 04:52 PM
Hawaiian Baby Wood Rose MMMavocado Plant Science 2 26-04-2003 01:30 PM