Old 19-03-2003, 04:44 PM

Default Evergreen Clematis Armandi - propagate?

Hi,

Has anyone ever taken cuttings and successfully rooted an evergreen clematis?
I'd love to have a 2nd one of these but this first one cost $39.99 last year ,
so I'm not willing to pay that price again. Its just too much !

If you've managed to propagate one of these, could you share how you did it?

With thanks,
BL

Old 20-03-2003, 06:44 AM
Valkyrie

I never did take cutting but had great success putting a branch on the soil
and holding it down with a brick or rock. I tried air layering with a
plastic baggy and some potting mix and that too worked well. The third year
my armandii made such a show I decided I wanted some on the far side of my
garage. I figured I'd have about a 20% MAYBE success rate so I worked on 10
spots with bricks and rocks and 6 places with the baggies. They all took!

Val