Old 25-12-2005, 05:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Stacey Malden

Default Curly Grass

I purchased this small pot of curly grass...don't know what it's really
called but I think it originally came from Australia. It's grows in all
directions and is corkscrew curls. I really like it. But now that Winter
is here, and I've brought it inside, it's dying. Does anyone know what this
plant might be and if it can be kept inside until Spring? Any info would be
appreciated.

Thank you,

Stacey

Old 25-12-2005, 07:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Anthony B

Stacy,
Will be hard to tell you excatly how to care for that grass without
knowing its name.

Put the plant in a bright windows ( SE, S, SW or W exposure) but out of the
direct light of the sun. Water sparingly, no more than maybe once a week
every 2 weeks might be better. IF you water too much, you will drown its
roots and it will certainly die. Check for water by lifting the pot, if it
feels light, then give a good deep drink. You can verify by sticking your
finger into the soil.. If the top inch or two is dry, then water.

Try to find out its name, if you possibly can.. Can get mre accurate
guidelines from the group if you do.

--Anthony B.
Ky. Nursery and Lndscape association
Ky Certified Nurseryman

Old 25-12-2005, 08:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

"Stacey Malden" wrote in message

I purchased this small pot of curly grass...don't know what
it's
really called but I think it originally came from Australia.
It's
grows in all directions and is corkscrew curls. I really like
it. But now that Winter is here, and I've brought it inside,
it's
dying. Does anyone know what this plant might be and if it can
be
kept inside until Spring? Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Stacey

Is this it? http://www.worldplants.com/juncus.htm

Here is a better picture.
http://www.tomsnursery.com/images/la...screw-rush.jpg

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 27-12-2005, 04:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Stacey Malden

It's the same color and blade thinkness, but mine is curlier...truly like a
corkscrew. It's probably the same thing, but the curls on mine are just
"tighter."

Old 30-12-2005, 02:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Carolyn LeCrone

I have a plant that looks like your picture, it is called corkscrew rush.
Rushes need a lot of water. I have mine in the margin of my pond. It does
o.k. in an unheated basement in the winter but there is some die back. Just
cut it back in the spring.
I live in zone 7.
Carolyn

"Travis M." wrote in message
"Stacey Malden" wrote in message

I purchased this small pot of curly grass...don't know what it's
really called but I think it originally came from Australia. It's
grows in all directions and is corkscrew curls. I really like it. But
now that Winter is here, and I've brought it inside, it's
dying. Does anyone know what this plant might be and if it can be
kept inside until Spring? Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Stacey

Is this it? http://www.worldplants.com/juncus.htm

Here is a better picture.
http://www.tomsnursery.com/images/la...screw-rush.jpg

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

[IMG] code is On

potting curly willow DM Texas 0 24-05-2005 06:55 AM
Curly parsley has turned yellow. Davemar United Kingdom 1 02-07-2004 08:09 AM
Curly ghost orchids Geir Harris Hedemark Orchids 2 06-10-2003 02:32 AM
Curly hoses Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 6 07-08-2003 03:33 AM
curly kale: recepies ne1? Derek Turner United Kingdom 6 12-12-2002 10:44 PM