Old 04-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Geir Harris Hedemark

Default Curly ghost orchids

I have had a look at pictures on the web (Mick's site, of course) of
ghost orchids in flasks and out of them.

The ones I got hold of were mostly spiral-formed in the flasks, which
I can understand. They were sort of cramped in there. They are now
living in a patch of lichen until they get a reasonable bulk - then
I'll try to mount some of them and see if they like it in my
bathroom. Should be humid and warm enough there, I'll put in some
extra lights.

However, they still seem to grow in spirals, which Mick's specimens
don't do if I am to judge by the pictures. Is this something these
orchids like to do? I'll have a hard time mounting something that
looks like a corkscrew by Escher.

Geir
Old 05-10-2003, 09:42 PM
profpam

Hi, Geir,

I would guess that they would grow inside providing you mist them
several times a day. However, if you are growing them inside, you might
opt to get a small aquarium tank.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

-------------------------------

Old 06-10-2003, 02:32 AM
V_coerulea

I received a flask a month ago and the was no spiralling at all. A few
slightly curved roots, but nothing resembling a spiral either in or out of
flask. I wonder if there was some undesireable component (or proportion) in
the agar to make them react that way. Maybe they'll outgrow it.
Gary

potting curly willow DM Texas 0 24-05-2005 06:55 AM
Curly parsley has turned yellow. Davemar United Kingdom 1 02-07-2004 08:09 AM
Curly hoses Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 6 07-08-2003 03:33 AM
Ghost orchids Geir Harris Hedemark Orchids 5 21-05-2003 08:44 PM
curly kale: recepies ne1? Derek Turner United Kingdom 6 12-12-2002 10:44 PM