Old 01-01-2006, 05:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Vox Humana

Default Dahlias in the Front Yard

"Starlord" wrote in message
You totaly MISSED what I said, Note the "UPSIDEDOWN" as in Big hoop

sitting
on ground held down with U shaped stakes and his grows to 5 to 6ft tall.

And
they don't show up as the plant hides them.

No I didn't miss what you said. I found the technique while doing an
internet search. If you google this group you will see that I posted a
message over a year ago describing what I used and that it didn't work. The
cages were inadequate when I used them. They probably work for some people,
but I just added my personal experience. That's why I switch to the metal
fence posts. I used the upside-down tomato cages for my peonies this year
and they did work well for that application.