Old 28-01-2006, 06:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
Solomyn

Default Cultivator, tiller, etc for John Deere L111

Hey there all,
This last summer, I bought a John Deere L111 from Home Depot. I have a
garden that is around 31' x 51', and don't own a tiller. Does anyone know
of any pull behind tillers/cultivators/etc. that would work with this
tractor? I understand that this is mower, but I have heard that you can buy
attachments from other manufacturers that will do the job. The tractor has
a 20 horse V twin, and standard tires. If I do wind up with an attachment
to till the garden, will I have to install weights and chains to get good
traction? New tires?

Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle

Old 29-01-2006, 08:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Timothy

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 13:29:10 -0500, Solomyn wrote:
Hey there all,
This last summer, I bought a John Deere L111 from Home Depot. I have a
garden that is around 31' x 51', and don't own a tiller. Does anyone know
of any pull behind tillers/cultivators/etc. that would work with this
tractor? I understand that this is mower, but I have heard that you can
buy attachments from other manufacturers that will do the job. The
tractor has a 20 horse V twin, and standard tires. If I do wind up with
an attachment to till the garden, will I have to install weights and
chains to get good traction? New tires?

Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle

Good day Kyle, I have seen some after market plows/tillers for lawn
tractors. The ones I've seen have a metal box on the top of them where you
place some type of weight. Bricks, bags of sand and the like. These just
don't seem pratical IMHO. The JD L111 doesn't have a pto, which would be
the way I would want to go. Stop over at you local JD dealer and see what
they have and what their opinion is about a pull behind.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com

Old 29-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Registered User

Smile

Solomyn Hey there all,
This last summer, I bought a John Deere L111 from Home Depot. I have a
garden that is around 31' x 51', and don't own a tiller. Does anyone know
of any pull behind tillers/cultivators/etc. that would work with this
tractor? I understand that this is mower, but I have heard that you can buy
attachments from other manufacturers that will do the job. The tractor has
a 20 horse V twin, and standard tires. If I do wind up with an attachment
to till the garden, will I have to install weights and chains to get good
traction? New tires?

Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle

hi kyle
hope these links might give u some idea of what u are looking for. maybe the home depot or a tractor dealer in your area might be able to help u find what u want if u have a pic to show them . i think u can get some attachments in electric start but im not sure on that one sorry .
good luck in your search hope u find what u want. cyaaa, sockiescat.

http://www.drpower.com/prdSell.aspx?...567XE255382 9
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/categ...WN&i htoken=1
Old 29-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Registered User

Smile

hope the link works this time gggrrrr sometimes our server is a real pain.
this is easier lol. www.sears.com
lawn and garden--tractor attachments which is furthur down the page .
cyaaaa, sockiescat.