Old 25-03-2003, 06:44 AM
Jenrose

Default weeds?

I like my way better.

I plant dandelions and cultivate the moss.

If I want 'em, they're not weeds.

Jenrose

"oldal4865" wrote in message

HI HI- wrote in message ...
when you say hand weeding is this pulling them up by hand? i do that yet
they seem to be popping up all over the place now...

Leave any roots, and back they come. Also, many propagate by air-born
seeds.

I use a broad leaf herbicide and a hand spray bottle. I squirt each

weed.
I would prefer to use a hose attachment and cover the whole yard but we

have
kids on either side of us so it's weed by weed.

It's bothersome the first year, but after you knock down the initial

crop,
you can get by with greatly reduced maintenance spraying in subsequent
years. The hand sprayer seems like a lot of trouble but it's faster

than
you think, especially in later years.

Regards
Old Al

Old 25-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Tim Fischer

"HI HI-" wrote in message
.. .
is there a good way to get rid of weeds in the lawn without killing or
browning the grass and trees, bushes etc? im looking for a way that works.
i dont want to have to pay hundreds of dollars a year to have some
professional do this. is there any way?
thanks

Yes there's a way, but I won't tell you since you're being selfish and don't
want this to go in the google archive where others might benefit from it.

Oops, I quoted your entire post, so it will go in there anyway!

-Tim