Old 02-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Bishoop

Default Freeze damaged tomato plants

Here in central Florida we had a freak freeze the other night. My tomato
plants suffered 'minor' damage and now have a small percentage of withering
leaves. The plants themselves are about two feet tall and except for the
slight damage look quite healthy. There are still many flowers and several
tomatoes in the 1~2 inch range.

Should I prune the branches with the damaged leaves or just let mother
nature take its course? Any other special action that should be taken?

Thanks.....

Old 02-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Penny Morgan

You should prune the dead branches off and make sure they have plenty of
water to hydrate them. I would give them a liquid fertilizer to help them
recover. My personal favorite is fish emulsion because it contains all the
nutrients, as well as being very gentle on the plant.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina

Old 02-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Phisherman

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 07:54:11 -0500, "Bishoop" wrote:

Here in central Florida we had a freak freeze the other night. My tomato
plants suffered 'minor' damage and now have a small percentage of withering
leaves. The plants themselves are about two feet tall and except for the
slight damage look quite healthy. There are still many flowers and several
tomatoes in the 1~2 inch range.

Should I prune the branches with the damaged leaves or just let mother
nature take its course? Any other special action that should be taken?

Thanks.....

Better to remove the dying leaves.
--
Phish©