Old 03-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Wayne

Default deer in my garden

i have tried everything! now, i am ready to put up an electric fence
to keep them out. any advice would be greatly appreciated. how high
does an electric fence need to be? 4 feet? 6 feet? 8 feet? and
how far apart do the strands of wire need to be? 6"? 12"?

thanks in advance.

wayne
Old 07-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Ian

Place four soup cans at all corners of your garden, pee in them. You
will not have deer problems again...

Ian
Old 09-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Kevin Miller

You can't be serious...

Old 09-04-2003, 04:44 AM
B & J

He certainly is serious, but it only works for a while. The deer eventually
realize there is no danger and return. I used this method for about a month
last summer prior to installing an electric fence. BTW, urine on the ground
does nothing, but male urine (Sorry, ladies!) on an area such as a stump
or tree works. It's comparable to a wolf marking its territory, and the deer
interpret it as a dangerous area.

John
news69AD1B599BD0F0E.B014D954436D8ECF.FA04081BDA1 ...

Old 10-04-2003, 01:32 AM
Gary Flynn

B & J wrote:
He certainly is serious, but it only works for a while. The deer eventually
realize there is no danger and return. I used this method for about a month
last summer prior to installing an electric fence. BTW, urine on the ground
does nothing, but male urine (Sorry, ladies!) on an area such as a stump
or tree works. It's comparable to a wolf marking its territory, and the deer
interpret it as a dangerous area.

I'll confirm the statement that urine on the ground does nothing.