Old 03-03-2006, 02:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Wild Bill

Default Rose Virus?

It has come to my attention via a local gardener that a great many roses
propogated in the Pacific N.W. are infected with some kind of virus. Even to
the point that the renowned grower Jackson & Perkins in Oregon has
repordedly had real problems with it.
On the other hand, this could just be rumor. Does anyone have a handle on
this subject?

Regards,
Bill

Old 03-03-2006, 03:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Timothy

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 06:43:24 -0800, Wild Bill wrote:

It has come to my attention via a local gardener that a great many roses
propogated in the Pacific N.W. are infected with some kind of virus. Even
to the point that the renowned grower Jackson & Perkins in Oregon has
repordedly had real problems with it. On the other hand, this could just
be rumor. Does anyone have a handle on this subject?

Regards,
Bill

Good day Bill. Yes, your local gardener was correct in saying that many of
the roses in the PNW are infected, but many in the country are also. The
virus in question is a mosaic virus. Look up mosaic virus on a search
engine to find out more information on it.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/info