Old 15-02-2003, 03:03 PM
Erin & Steve

Default germinating primula/primrose

Hello,

I have some primula and primrose seeds and the germination instructions say
to germinate inside and plant out in autumn...? I was hoping to have them in
the ground by spring- does anyone have experience with this? (Beeky- I lost
your post!)

Erin, z.6a

Old 17-02-2003, 01:03 AM
Jo

I have some primula and primrose seeds and the germination instructions
say
to germinate inside and plant out in autumn...? I was hoping to have them

in
the ground by spring- does anyone have experience with this? (Beeky- I

lost
your post!)

Erin, z.6a

They may grow, but don't expect bloom this summer. I planted a whole tray
last March and only got about 4 plants. I put them out in May in pots and
brought them inside in the fall. They survive the winter just fine here,
but the plants were tiny, so I decided to windowsill them. They bloomed
about 2 weeks ago, all at the same time.

Jo, Zone 4b