Old 15-02-2003, 03:03 PM
Carol Cross

Default Bonsai trees

Last year my children gave me a Bonsai tree for Mother's Day. I have
absolutely no experience or knowledge about them at all. Is there
anyone out there who could offer me some advice on how to keep it
alive?

It is called 'Tree of a thousand stars' according to the book I've
bought. So far, more by luck than judgement it has survived but it is
now starting to look a bit sick and the leaves are turning yellow and
dropping off!!

Any help would be welcomed.
Old 16-02-2003, 02:03 AM
Iris Cohen

Last year my children gave me a Bonsai tree for Mother's Day. I have
absolutely no experience or knowledge about them at all. Is there anyone out
there who could offer me some advice on how to keep it alive?

Go he http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org

It is called 'Tree of a thousand stars' according to the book I've bought.

Do a search on Serissa foetida & you will be flooded with advice. Where are you
keeping it? It likes cool temperatures, good light, moderately high humidity,
and to be outdoors all summer. don't overwater it. Water only when the soil
starts to get dry. If you are anywhere south of South Carolina, it can be
outdoors all year round.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 16-02-2003, 08:39 AM
Carol Cross

Go he http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org

Do a search on Serissa foetida & you will be flooded with advice. Where are you
keeping it? It likes cool temperatures, good light, moderately high humidity,
and to be outdoors all summer. don't overwater it. Water only when the soil
starts to get dry. If you are anywhere south of South Carolina, it can be
outdoors all year round.

Thank you for the information. I keep it on my kitchen windowsill,
which faces north. I live in the UK, so it is too cold in the winter
to keep it outdoors but I put it out last summer.