Old 06-04-2003, 11:32 PM

Default my new slobber machine

Harry hasnt been bloodied yet, so they are tolerating him. Skippy is playing with him
(ouch, Skippy gets very loud when he plays). Charlie is old and grumpy. Mitzie
with a couple canines and not much else goes after him like she is going to rip him a
new nose but her tail is wagging like crazy so we arent sure. Simmy has been
snarling and warning him off, but today he did a play bow to Harry, so maybe there
will be play eventually. Sims doesnt play very well. Sims can dish it out but cant
take it, so he turns nasty pretty fast and Skippy walks away from him. Harry thinks
Foxy is a plush toy and pounces on her pinning her to the ground and Foxy yelps for
help. My mother's dog Honey thinks Harry is very rude and holds her nose up and well
away from him and seeks refuge. More pictures of the boy.
http://home.wi.rr.com/drsolo/mutts/mutts~1.htm
Sims was neutered when I got him, he was 2 at the time. Paps are REALLY delicate,
much more so that solidly boned Poms. Paps are very self protective, they will snap
when hurt. Sims doesnt actually bite, but he will "clamp". He came to me already
bite inhibited. For the first 6 months or so I had him Sims would scream when I
picked him up. Paps can really scream and is very nerve racking. Most people would
say they are not good with young children. For older children looking to train a
dog, they are very, very smart and very very good at agility. Very athletic and
frankly, hellions as puppies. If they cant squeeze thru it, they can climb it.
Hunting springers are good with kids, I am biased cause we had Hunting springers in
the family for 3 generations. These are not show stock ESS, nor back yard breeder
nor puppy mill ESS. They are bred for hunting, have fantastic disposition, soft
mouth and come bite inhibited .. well once they lose their needle teeth and quit
chewing on everything. Harry's mom is an all around hunting dog with warm wiggly
personality and his dad is a field trial dog. Ingrid

arden (NAearthMOM) wrote:
How cute! How is he adapting to the other pooches?
Do you breed Sims? Are those dogs good with kids?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 07-04-2003, 06:32 AM
zhanataya

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 00:11:13 GMT, wrote:

http://home.wi.rr.com/drsolo/mutts/mutts~1.htm

Ingrid

That baby is darling. I can't wait until we are completely retired
and where we want to live so we can have some dogs.

zhan

Old 07-04-2003, 06:44 AM
jammer

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 00:11:13 GMT, wrote:

http://home.wi.rr.com/drsolo/mutts/mutts~1.htm

I am going to start cleaning my dog's teeth myself. We have a precious
6 lb chihuahua and have been wanting to get her teeth cleaned. Maybe
through your loss, you will have helped others.
Old 07-04-2003, 03:32 PM

the Pap that died wasnt mine, Cindy and Michael Guida's. But that poor woman first
lost her Jett, then her husband 2 weeks later. I put up the page to help her cope
with the loss. If your little one needs anesthesia, be sure to demand isoflurane,
dont let them use halothane. INgrid

jammer wrote:
http://home.wi.rr.com/drsolo/mutts/mutts~1.htm

I am going to start cleaning my dog's teeth myself. We have a precious
6 lb chihuahua and have been wanting to get her teeth cleaned. Maybe
through your loss, you will have helped others.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List