Old 18-03-2006, 10:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default bulbs??

Hello, Im new around here, finally found a strictly Canadian gardening
group!! My dilema is that last year in the fall I was going to plant
over 45 bulbs in my newly dug bulb garden. to make a long story short,I
did not get them in the ground fast enough and Dec. came and went! I
have been storing them in the bottom of my fridge...untill now are
they ok??? can Iplant them and hope for the best? or can i save them
till this coming fall?? help there are so many of them...it is such
a shame!

Old 19-03-2006, 12:15 AM posted to rec.gardens
Starlord

Welcome to the Rec.gardens Newsgroup a WORLDWIDE group. I myself would pot
them up and grow'm that way the first year.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords

oups.com...

Old 19-03-2006, 09:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

Sorry about that , I thought I found one, it's just that gardening
differs from state/province, that i have a hard time getting good
advice. hey but credit to you!! usually nobody answers me if they
know that it's Canada . Our frost times are different and our soil
conditions..etc. Thank you for for answering my question , I am
going to pot them up , still a lille cold here. I am in zone 5b.
thanx Tammie

Old 20-03-2006, 01:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lynn

HI,
Since you had them in your fridge I would say plant them as soon as the
ground can we worked, or you could plant them now in a big pot and set
outside now, and after they die back plant them in the ground in the fall.
I would not try to hold them over in your fridge over summer.
I am from the east coast of Canada zone 5 NS
--
Lynn

oups.com...

Old 21-03-2006, 07:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
bungadora

wrote:
Hello, Im new around here, finally found a strictly Canadian gardening
group!!

Try
http://canadiangardening.ca/ They have a forum. I can't say how
responsive it is to newcomers, but it seems OK. I find the forum setup
a bit awkward. Also, your local horticultural society might have one.
Dora
Zone 3

[IMG] code is On

bulbs lois Lawns 3 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
Spring Bulbs Greg Gardening 2 04-02-2003 02:48 AM
an ad I saw for multiple packs Flower Bulbs, Strawberrys, hanging baskets j Ponds (alternative) 1 30-01-2003 05:21 AM
SPAM ALERT an ad I saw for multiple packs Flower Bulbs, Strawberrys, hanging baskets animaux Gardening 0 30-01-2003 02:52 AM
an ad I saw for multiple packs Flower Bulbs, Strawberrys, hanging baskets j Gardening 0 29-01-2003 09:55 PM