Old 04-04-2006, 11:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Caterpillar

I have an infestation of all types of caterpillars in my carport and
want to get rid of all of them. How do I kill like 100's of them
quickly? I thought about getting a powerful UV lamp, but dont know how
that would work. Rubbing alcohol takes too long to kill them, gets very
smelly, and is not efficient to spray over a large area.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:48 AM posted to rec.gardens
David Hare-Scott

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an infestation of all types of caterpillars in my carport and

Leave them alone they will ot eat much.

David

Old 05-04-2006, 10:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an infestation of all types of caterpillars in my carport and
want to get rid of all of them. How do I kill like 100's of them
quickly? I thought about getting a powerful UV lamp, but dont know how
that would work. Rubbing alcohol takes too long to kill them, gets very
smelly, and is not efficient to spray over a large area.

are they on the surface of the car port, in nooks and crevices or burrowing
in to the wood? After identifying what they are and deciding on erradication
if harmful, if the surface of the wood why not just a can of fly spray. If
in nooks and crevices a thorough spray with a fly spray that 'sits' on
surfaces for 30 days (sheltered from rain). If burrowing in to the wood
itself start thinking borer or the like and the need for chemicals that will
permeate the wood itself. Kerosene is often used as a means of conveying
insecticides of this manner as it soaks into the wood.

Grab a handful and take them to a garden centre ort hardware store and ask
if they can identify them and suggest a treatment (if needing to be disposed
of).

rob

[IMG] code is On

caterpillar - caterpillar.jpg (1/1) kayla Garden Photos 0 08-07-2007 05:30 PM
caterpillar - caterpillar.jpg (0/1) kayla Garden Photos 0 08-07-2007 05:30 PM
Caterpillar Id? Lilly Gardening 4 12-06-2003 05:32 AM
Bottle Garden caterpillar problem Alwyn Williams United Kingdom 0 28-04-2003 09:20 AM