Old 05-04-2006, 12:30 AM posted to rec.gardens
roemax

Default fabulous garden product

custom built trellises by Maine craftsman
western red cedar 1" thick by 1 1/4" wide
galvanized fasteners
built to last

Old 05-04-2006, 07:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 23:30:56 GMT, "roemax"
wrote:

custom built trellises by Maine craftsman
western red cedar 1" thick by 1 1/4" wide
galvanized fasteners
built to last

Why do so many of you scum-sucking spammers put 'NOSPAM' in your return address?
Is it an occupational requirement? Do you think you are being clever? Are you
immune to irony?

Are you ignorant of the rules of Usenet, or do you just not care? I'll say this
for you, you're a cut above that other spammer currently plaguing us, John
Kring, because you didn't pretend to have stumbled upon or otherwise
'discovered' the commercial site you are promoting. Nope, you just plopped your
illicit advertisement out there for the world to see. Of course, a cut above
John Kring is not a distinction anyone should be proud of.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gideon

Edward,

If you accuse somebody of being the "Garden Nazi" just because
he doesn't appreciate people hawking their wares on rec.gardens,
then 98% of us probably qualify as Nazis under your definition.

That "Nazi" pointed out the irony of the fact that you freely spam
this newsgroup but you cautiously imbed "nospam" in your email
address. You don't want to be spammed, but you see no problem
with spamming this newsgroup with your advertising. Once again,
I imagine that 98% of us see the irony in those two diametrically
opposite behaviors.

What you build and sell is probably a very nice item and hopefully
sold at a fair price. But most of us are intelligent enough to Google
for "custom trellis" or "cedar trellis." Or we may be quite happy
with a selection of fifty or more similar items in our own communities.

Speaking as one more "Garden Nazi", may I offer some basic
business advice:
1) Act on the Internet with the same courtesy that you display
outside of the Net. (hopefully you are polite by nature.)
2) Don't alienate part of your potential market base by spamming
newsgroups with your ads.
3) Be extremely cognizant of the fact that it only takes one or
two upset Usenet folks to make your life an Internet living
hell. You have made the following available to the entire world:
- name
- email address
- website address/url
- home/business phone number
- home/business postal address
Combine your casual revelations of your identity and a less-than-
friendly attitude and you may be setting yourself up for
harassment.
(Note to all: I'm not encourage harassment of this individual.
I'm just pointing out his lack of business savvy plus the
vulnerabilities of alienating folks on Usenet.)
4) Apologize to the group for spamming and get on with life.

Good luck with your enterprise,
Gideon

roemax wrote in message ...
who are you ? the garden nazi