Old 18-04-2006, 08:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
sdppm

Default Best Tree for circular driveway

I want to placea large tree in the center of a circular driveway in San
Diego. I need a tree that is green year round and doesnt lose all its
leaves. Of course it has to have very non evasive roots. What would be
the best type of tree for this thanks in adavance. The center of the
driveway is 14 ft Diameter

Howard

Old 19-04-2006, 05:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

I'm having the same kind of question Howard is confronted with. . .What
kind of tree is best?

I live in the Sacramento area. I'd like to select a tree to replace my
old and dying Modesto Ash tree. I'm especially interested in a tree
that doesn't shed year round, and is resistent to disease and
especially mistletoe.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking in the area of a Maple tree of some
sort, or perhaps a grouping of Liquid Ambers.

Are any of you aware of a website which gives really good information
on trees, and perhaps pictures?

Thank you. . .
Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Old 19-04-2006, 05:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Nicole

Call you local cooperative extension. They'll have the answer for your
area.
http://cesandiego.ucdavis.edu/
oups.com...

Old 19-04-2006, 11:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
AndyS

I want to placea large tree in the center of a circular driveway in San

Diego. --- sdppm

Andy replies: You shold select a tree with a circular trunk. If you

do not select a tree that matches the contour of your driveway,
visitors will forever be nicking the corners and chipping off
the bark...

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Old 19-04-2006, 04:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

Thanks so much!

Myrl
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Old 19-04-2006, 07:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
duginkc

You might consider one of the southern magnolias, such as a Bracken's
Brown Beauty--broadleaf evergreen, beautiful fragrant flowers.

http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/p....asp?code=A345

Dug

[IMG] code is On

Best tree for circular driveway sdppm Lawns 4 19-04-2006 09:55 PM
Circular Donuts on lawn Steve Lawns 8 24-07-2004 05:03 PM
Oriana 2 circular stats - now released Warren Kovach Plant Science 0 07-01-2004 02:45 PM
Oriana 2 circular stats - beta test Warren Kovach Plant Science 0 07-10-2003 02:03 PM
ISFA 2nd Circular Bruno Granier \(Wanadoo\) Plant Science 0 26-04-2003 01:30 PM