Old 27-04-2006, 04:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
higgledy

Default Looking for ideas to replace tree

In the front of my yard, to the left of my house, I have a dead,
crimson maple. I need to replace this tree but not sure what would be
the best choice.

I live in a ranch house (1 story) according to the landscape book that
I own I should look for a medium sized tree. I do have sugar maples
planted in the back yard flanking the house. The book states to place
tallest in the back then medium on the sides and small at the corners
in the front. Which what I have but now 1 is dead.

The tree died because (I think) poor soil (heavy clay), Japanese
Beetles, and poor planting.

This maple came with the house, I am the second owner. I did fertilize
and watered it often but last summer the beetle just ate the heck out
of it, I hate spraying up, but did have several beetle bags which
helped but not enough.

Any ideas on what kind of tree to replace it with? What about a
flowering cherry?

Old 27-04-2006, 10:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

higgledy wrote:
[...]

Zelkovia Serrata
Ulmus Parvifolia
Quercus Shumardii

I dunno, probably lots of others.

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old 27-04-2006, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster

A little more information would be useful: location, sun amount,
city/country, soil pH (or at least basic or acidic)....

[IMG] code is On

Looking for ideas. Mr. Mader Gardening 1 10-03-2005 01:49 PM
medium sized tree to replace two sycamores......... gaychub United Kingdom 2 15-06-2004 01:06 PM
Looking for Tropical Ideas Jennifer Gardening 6 14-02-2004 07:02 PM
Looking for Tropical Ideas Jennifer Gardening 0 20-01-2004 09:01 PM
When to replace a Hagen Aquaglo? Sarah Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 06:21 AM