Old 30-04-2006, 05:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
Loki

Default Groundhog problems...

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just purchased a home and have discovered that it has a major
groundhog problem. My backyard looks like swiss cheese! I am buying a
havahart trap and the groundhog deterent that they sell. My only issue
is what to do with the groundhog after I've trapped it. In NY one is
not allowed to transport an animal without a license, so relocation is
out. According to NY State, the suggested method is euthanization
(since these are vermin). In trying to think about ways to get this
done, I thought about the use of a BB Gun -- Has anyone had experience
at dispatching groundhogs (at close range) with an air pistol? Is it
doable?

Most folks I know shoot 'em with either rifles or shotgune and
they don't go down easy. Forget an air rifle or a BB gun as you'll
just have a ****ed off groudnhog on your hands.

Call the local animal control folks and let them deal with it.

Loki

Old 30-04-2006, 06:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

rifle or shotgun are out. Illegal.

Animal control will cost me each time.... I've got a lot of groundhogs
to deal with. It could get costly.

Even at point blank range an air pistol won't work?

Old 30-04-2006, 06:26 AM posted to rec.gardens
Loki

wrote in message
oups.com...
rifle or shotgun are out. Illegal.

Animal control will cost me each time.... I've got a lot of groundhogs
to deal with. It could get costly.

Even at point blank range an air pistol won't work?

Nope. They're honery critters.

Loki

[IMG] code is On

groundhog problems OhioGuy Gardening 16 05-10-2009 02:04 PM
Groundhog problems... Frank Gardening 11 02-05-2006 02:41 AM
Groundhog problems... [email protected] Gardening 2 01-05-2006 04:28 AM
Groundhog problems... Johnny Borborigmi Gardening 0 30-04-2006 12:14 PM
A good groundhog is a dead groundhog Boboed Gardening 2 03-02-2005 04:52 AM