Old 13-05-2006, 06:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
a6016

Default Eucalyptus citriadora ailing

I have a citriadora that lingered in horrible, rocky soil for some
time, next to one that just took off, and it is just beginning a growth
spurt. Finally. But its leaves are turning blotchy red and I'm afraid
it's going to die off soon if I can't identify the problem. Can anyone
offer an explanation of what is causing it and how to fix? TIA.
VRS
Redlands, CA.

Old 13-05-2006, 03:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross

a6016 wrote:
I have a citriadora that lingered in horrible, rocky soil for some
time, next to one that just took off, and it is just beginning a growth
spurt. Finally. But its leaves are turning blotchy red and I'm afraid
it's going to die off soon if I can't identify the problem. Can anyone
offer an explanation of what is causing it and how to fix? TIA.
VRS
Redlands, CA.

I just had a E. ficifolia (red-flowering gum) removed that showed some
of the same symptoms. The tree service said that it had oak-root fungus
resulting from my attempting to grow it in soil that was too heavy, too
wet, and drained too slowly. After some six or more years in the ground
(planted from a 5 gal can), they removed it merely by yanking on the
trunk.

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

Concerned about someone (e.g., Pres. Bush) snooping
into your E-mail? Use PGP.
See my http://www.rossde.com/PGP/

[IMG] code is On

Ailing Eucalyptus Gunnii Lesley Law Gardening 1 12-03-2008 08:00 AM
Ailing vanda sansai blue Geir Harris Hedemark Orchids 9 20-02-2004 11:43 PM
Ailing Croton Trevor Gardening 1 27-07-2003 07:22 AM
Ailing Rosemary Officianis RichardS United Kingdom 13 26-03-2003 11:08 AM
Ailing Phalaenopsis Allan Risk Orchids 6 04-02-2003 09:38 PM