Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-05-2006, 08:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
tenplay

Default Best vegetable for a beginner to grow?

I've never had a vegetable garden before. Having an area in the yard
that is only growing weeds, I am interested in trying out a vegetable
garden. I'm not a green thumb and so need plants that are pretty much
fool-proof. The area gets a lot of sun for the NW (Washington). Also
we have a lot of deer, rabbits, raccoons, squirrels and birds around.
What are some good choices especially for the summer? Do the seeds you
buy at the local supermarket grow well or should I start with nursery
starts? Thanks for any advice.