Old 11-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Douglas McClure

Default National Home Gardening Club

I got their blurb in the mail. Is anybody familiar with this club? Is it
worth $12 a year?

Just wonderin'.

Doug

Old 11-04-2003, 03:56 AM
animaux

Yeah. It is, but only for a year, then they raise the rates. The magazine is
pretty good for information and is geared toward more of the inexperienced to
intermediate experience of gardeners.

Old 11-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Guy Bradley

"Douglas McClure" wrote in message
. net...
I got their blurb in the mail. Is anybody familiar with this club?

Is it
worth $12 a year?

Just wonderin'.

Doug

I say stay away from it. I found the magazine trivial in the extreme
and their promises not forthcoming. I don't know if they have changed,
but they promised to send various items to test, which you could keep.
The only thing I received all year besides the crummy magazine was
hand clippers, so cheap and flimsy that they were worthless.

Guy Bradley
Chesterfield MO
zone 6

Old 11-04-2003, 03:08 PM
animaux

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:33:16 -0500, "Guy Bradley" wrote:

I say stay away from it. I found the magazine trivial in the extreme
and their promises not forthcoming. I don't know if they have changed,
but they promised to send various items to test, which you could keep.
The only thing I received all year besides the crummy magazine was
hand clippers, so cheap and flimsy that they were worthless.

Guy Bradley
Chesterfield MO
zone 6

The times I was a member (My mother in law always gave it to me in the past for
a gift) I always got things to test. I've received seeds, hand tools, sting for
the string trimmer, etc...If they see you fill in the appropriate information
sheet on the product in a timely manner, they send you more stuff. Of course I
never got anything huge or costly, but it was sort of fun to be a part of.

There is also a great seed and plant swap section.

It's a very good deal for the novice gardener.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:08 PM
clc

I've subscribed for 3 years (and the price HAS NOT CHANGED) and think it's
worth the price for the magazine. I've been selected for testing several
items.

Cheryl