Old 22-05-2006, 01:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
R. Kannan

Default Is Korean Lilac acid loving?

Hi,

I seem to have problems with a few of my yews and as they are turning yello
and brown. I was told to use a fertilizer for acid loving plants. I noticed
today that one of my korean lilacs has few leaves and branches that look
very dry. Can I use the same fertilizer for Korean lilacs though it is not
listed on the bag.

TIA for any advice.
Old 22-05-2006, 05:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

"R. Kannan" wrote in message
. net
Hi,

I seem to have problems with a few of my yews and as they are
turning yello and brown. I was told to use a fertilizer for
acid
loving plants. I noticed today that one of my korean lilacs has
few
leaves and branches that look very dry. Can I use the same
fertilizer for Korean lilacs though it is not listed on the
bag.

TIA for any advice.

Lilacs like neutral to slightly alkaline soil so the fertilizer
for acid loving plants would not be appropriate.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 22-05-2006, 03:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

Almost all chemical fertilizers in a bag are acid some more than
others. Give your lilacs a few cups of lime or wood ashes and use
whatever fertilizer you happen to have.