Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2006, 06:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
vimster

Default need help choosing outdoor furniture

hi guys, i have a couple of questions i hope to get answered. i am
redoing my garden and furniture is part of the makeover.

1. we are the kind of people who use our garden pehaps once every week
or two. up to now the issue is always the same - we plan to have
dinner in the garden and the furniture is dirty - stuff from the trees,
bird droppings, dust, muck, etc. if its really dirty we end up eating
inside. is there any fabric or finish or type of furniture that i
should be looking at to reduce the clean up time. i even tried those
cheapo plastic white chairs and find it hard to clean of the muck.
ideally i go out there with a hose an hour before, hose off the
furniture, wipe it quick and its good to go.

2. i see a lot of fake rattan and wicker furniture for sale at Costco
and Target. it looks good but how does it compare with the real thing
and, most importantly, is it easy to clean:

veronica