Old 25-06-2006, 04:30 AM posted to rec.gardens
miamicuse

Default Privacy fence choices

I would like to put up a privacy fence along the property line which is
about 95 feet long.

The property is a single story concrete block construction with spanish
tiled roof.

Stone fence would look the best, but I understand it's the most expensive.
Wood fence may work, I don't think PVC, chain linked or metal fences are
appropriate for the look I am looking for.

I want something more natural and will provide some privacy. I may build a
gazebo at a later time somewhere along that fence.

I have not gotten any estimate yet, but in searching the net I found another
option which is bamboo fences. The problem is I am unable to find anyone
locally that knows anything about it let alone install it or give me a price
estimate. Most fence installers recommend wood or chain linked. I asked
about stone / concrete fences they wouldn't even estimate it just wanted to
steer me away from it by saying "a lot more expensive not worth it"...so I
don't have any idea if a stone fence would be 10 times or 100 times more
expensive.

Anyone know anything about bamboo fences or stone/concrete block fences?

Thanks in advance,

MC

Old 25-06-2006, 06:37 AM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

miamicuse wrote:
[...]

What about a living fence? Hedges , tree line or vines on wires/trellis?

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

[IMG] code is On

Help with privacy fence options George.com Lawns 9 22-07-2006 11:49 AM
Privacy fence (0/1) Guv Bob Lawns 3 27-09-2005 04:28 AM
Need help finding ocotillo privacy live fence Ingy Gardening 1 28-05-2005 09:56 PM
Privacy "fence" using bamboo? orangetrader Bamboo 4 14-12-2004 04:45 PM
Suggestions for Living Privacy Fence in South Bobbie Gardening 14 31-10-2003 08:02 PM