Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-06-2006, 01:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mary Beth

Default Azaleas-ping Henning?

Hi Stephan and all,
I have had problems with my Azaleas every time I try to grow them. They
do great, buy them early stay green and healthy, they put out the first
flowers for awhile, but once the bloom goes, I wind up losing the whole
plant.

I've tried all different things, on say, like 7 plants, planted at the same
time and using various amounts of water, placing in various sun and shade
and mix, and with or without organic compost, mulch, spraying them with
things like RosePride or Azalea specific products. I can never get these
things to keep going.arrrgghhh So maybe it's the products? I just don't
know and don't want to give up, either. I know I can do it, if I get the
best product and the best advice.

I've been pretty lucky with most of my gardening, actually was a biology
major, took quite a bit of botany, many many many many years ago....g. But
there are certain plants that I just can't get going. I'm going to ask for
help with the other two on a seperate thread, so as not to make this too
confusing.

I'd appreciate any help, and from what I've read so far, Stephan, you seem
to have a good handle on these. (I have never had a problem with
Rhododendrons, for instance. They do well, but even with the Azaleas right
near them, I still seem to lose them.)

Also, if anyone can point me to a great garden site to purchase a better
starting product with these, that woulds be great. I started at home depot,
dead within weeks, same with all the other local big stores, at least I got
my money back, tho. Then I was buying at smaller nurseries around my various
areas I've lived and still no go.

Thanks in advance to everyone!

MaryBeth
Southeastern Kansas
Bordering on Oklahoma
Zone 7 but more into 8

[IMG] code is On

Ping sacha - reposted message! Ping Spider re Deutzia Spider[_2_] United Kingdom 4 04-05-2009 06:28 AM
PING PING Jan -ED Ponds 0 30-06-2006 04:46 PM
attn: stephen henning David Bockman Gardening 0 05-06-2005 02:09 PM
Buy outdoor grown azaleas? Polar Gardening 5 10-04-2003 09:08 PM
[IBC] Fertilizing azaleas. Edmund L. Castillo Bonsai 3 29-01-2003 12:18 PM