Old 13-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Prem Subrahmanyam

Default woo-hoo! Tallahassee orchid show report!

Woo-hoo! Tallahassee show report. Message: Back from the show, feeling a
bit more tired as I gained back an order or two of magnitude more weight
in orchids than the equivalent loss of weight in my checkbook. But
first, my wardian case educational display won best educational exhibit,
but I must admit that the wardian case that George from the Jacksonville
society brought severely outclassed mine on all counts...you have to see
it to believe all the Masdevallias, Draculas, and other assorted
pleurothallids that he has in there...just stunning!

My kids and I picked up a bunch of new plants as well:

* Encyclia bractescens in bloom from John Sherwood

* Gongora truncata in high bud from John Sherwood

* Dendrobium anosmum in bloom from John Sherwood

* Encyclia cordigera (extremely dark colored form in high
spike/bud) from Woodland Orchids

* Bletilla ochracea bulb from Featherstone Orchids

* Paph niveum in bud from Woodland

* Phal hybrid in bloom from Windy Hill Orchids

* Maxillaria tenuifolia - orange-colored form in flower from Windy
Hill Orchids

A good time was had by all! Now for hanging out at the show all
afternoon tomorrow until tear-down...my wallet may be in serious trouble!

---Prem
www.premdesign.com

[IMG] code is On

WOO HOO!!!Spring is close........... madgardener Gardening 3 06-02-2004 12:42 AM
woo hoo! Heather Edible Gardening 1 28-10-2003 01:42 PM
WOO HOO Madgardener Gardening 2 25-09-2003 03:02 AM
woo-hoo! Tallahassee orchid show report! Prem Subrahmanyam Orchids 0 13-04-2003 12:32 AM
WOO HOO~ madgard Gardening 12 25-02-2003 11:53 PM