Old 13-04-2003, 04:20 AM
Kevin Miller

Default Horticopia - not much seen on Google

I surprisingly didn't see much of anything about Horticopia
(reviews, opinions, etc.) on a Google search... Anyone like to start a
tread?
Old 13-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Cereoid-XXX

Sure, why not?

Horticopia blows chunks!!!!

Howz that?

news:00E573C438F41AFA.92CBD1C2B8173EDC.8DBC5BF144A ...

Old 13-04-2003, 07:44 PM
NJ Viking

Wow, what do you use Hort. for? My wife uses it all the time. She is
landscape designer. She uses it to print pics. to show the customer the
plants we're recommending. If you know of another program with better pics
let me know...
Tom Zone 6
.. .

Old 13-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Cereoid-XXX

As I told Michael privately,

Most of what appears in Horticopia is amateurishly done and not very
accurate.

Their treatment of succulent plants is atrocious. Too many
misidentifications, even of supposedly well known plants.

Their hardiness ranges appear to be just guess work in many cases.

Save your money and and buy books specifically on the topics and genera that
interest you written by people that have thoroughly researched their topics.

If your old lady is relying heavily on such a crappy CD as a reference, that
does not say much of her skills or knowledge as a landscaper. If she is
using it just for the pix, she should be aware that they are not always
correctly identified.

Its not a matter of there being something better, its just that Horticopia
isn't very good at all.

. net...