Old 05-05-2005, 01:10 AM
kathy

Default how not to cross post on google

Following up on Bryan's faqs on trolls.
Today I learned how not to cross post on Google.

You can see if the original post has been cross
posted by clicking on 'show options'.

If you want to reply, hit the reply button, of course ;-)
BUT
do not automatically hit POST after you are done.
Hit PREVIEW instead, there you will see
you will see where your post is going.

Then go to EDIT
and you can take the cross posting directions out
and send it only to rec.ponds.

Hope that is as clear as I can make it.

k :-)

Old 05-05-2005, 01:31 AM
Larry

On 4 May 2005 17:10:28 -0700, "kathy" wrote:

Following up on Bryan's faqs on trolls.
Today I learned how not to cross post on Google.

You can see if the original post has been cross
posted by clicking on 'show options'.

If you want to reply, hit the reply button, of course ;-)
BUT
do not automatically hit POST after you are done.
Hit PREVIEW instead, there you will see
you will see where your post is going.

Then go to EDIT
and you can take the cross posting directions out
and send it only to rec.ponds.

Hope that is as clear as I can make it.

k :-)

Using agent 2.0, a prompt appears asking is you want to send to all
crossposted groups or current.

Larry

Old 05-05-2005, 04:01 AM
Reel McKoi

"kathy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Following up on Bryan's faqs on trolls.
Today I learned how not to cross post on Google.

You can see if the original post has been cross
posted by clicking on 'show options'.

If you want to reply, hit the reply button, of course ;-)
BUT
do not automatically hit POST after you are done.
Hit PREVIEW instead, there you will see
you will see where your post is going.

Then go to EDIT
and you can take the cross posting directions out
and send it only to rec.ponds.

Hope that is as clear as I can make it.

k :-)

Excellent explanation! Anyone should be able to understand this.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
"To persevere in one's duty and