Old 12-07-2006, 01:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed

Default What is wrong with these cukes?

These cukes are not growing as well as I would like. They have some
yellowing, and the edges of the leaves seem to be yellow. There does not
seem to be any insect problems at this time, they have been fertilized, I
think they are getting enough water. Does this pic look familiar to anyone?
Could it be the variety is not happy here? I have other cukes of a different
type growing fine.

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3805.jpg
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3808.jpg

Old 12-07-2006, 02:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
betsyb

--
I am beginning to wonder how four years
with no Governor in NJ would be?

Betsy
"Matthew Reed" nospam at zootal dot com nospam wrote in message
These cukes are not growing as well as I would like. They have some
yellowing, and the edges of the leaves seem to be yellow. There does not
seem to be any insect problems at this time, they have been fertilized, I
think they are getting enough water. Does this pic look familiar to
anyone? Could it be the variety is not happy here? I have other cukes of a
different type growing fine.

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3805.jpg
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3808.jpg

They look better than mine and mine have been growing cukes like crazy. Give
them more time.

Old 12-07-2006, 02:45 AM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3805.jpg
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3808.jpg

They look better than mine and mine have been growing cukes like crazy.
Give them more time.

Mine are just now starting to bloom, waiting to see how they produce. OK, I
sit and wait and watch

Old 12-07-2006, 01:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

"Matthew Reed" nospam at zootal dot com nospam wrote in message
These cukes are not growing as well as I would like. They have some
yellowing, and the edges of the leaves seem to be yellow. There does not
seem to be any insect problems at this time, they have been fertilized, I
think they are getting enough water. Does this pic look familiar to
anyone? Could it be the variety is not happy here? I have other cukes of a
different type growing fine.

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3805.jpg
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3808.jpg

You may have answered your own question. Cukes are vulnerable to a number of
fungal nasties, although it's usually a dusty appearance to the leaves. It
can vary with the variety you plant, and may not happen in some years.

Old 18-07-2006, 03:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
TQ

"Matthew Reed" nospam at zootal dot com nospam wrote in message
These cukes are not growing as well as I would like. They have some
yellowing, and the edges of the leaves seem to be yellow. There does not
seem to be any insect problems at this time, they have been fertilized, I
think they are getting enough water. Does this pic look familiar to

anyone?
Could it be the variety is not happy here? I have other cukes of a

different
type growing fine.

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3805.jpg

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3808.jpg

Look OK to me. No powdery mildew. No angular leaf spot. Minor beetle
damage.

Not everything in the garden will look like it does in the seed catalog.