Old 13-07-2006, 05:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
SueG

Default Mums changing colour

I have one chrysanthemum in my garden. This year, it began to bud very
early (in June); I removed the buds. In no time it began to bud again.
This morning I noticed four flowers on it. They're white with yellow
centres, like a typical daisy. The thing is, this plant has always had
bright, hot pink flowers. What could account for the early -- and
off-coloured -- blooming? Is there any chance it might bloom again in
autumn if I remove the spent flowers?

Thanks for any input.

SueG
Zone 5a
Ontario, Canada
Old 18-07-2006, 06:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
betsyb

Sue most do begin blooming early. Depends on the weather. Snip off the
flowers and they will come back in the fall. As for the color, might be a
hybrid? Hot Pink is not a normal color for them/

--

Betsy

Old 19-07-2006, 09:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
SueG

Thanks, Betsy -- I appreciate your response. This mum is in its third
year, and it's always been a blazing pink. Strange, eh?

Sue
-----

Old 19-07-2006, 11:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
betsyb

I have had hot purple petunias for 4 seasons and not they are not so hot,
just purple.

--

Betsy

Recently, betsyb wrote:

Sue most do begin blooming early. Depends on the weather. Snip off the
flowers and they will come back in the fall. As for the color, might be a
hybrid? Hot Pink is not a normal color for them/

[IMG] code is On

my orchids changing colour? Leigh Angela Orchids 1 23-07-2015 02:42 AM
Changing colour of a rose bush Muttly Roses 1 07-07-2011 01:31 AM
Hawthorn changing colour Kathy McIntosh United Kingdom 2 30-05-2010 06:40 PM
leaves changing colour Raels Australia 2 02-02-2004 11:02 AM
Question about Roses Changing Colour gnats Roses 4 03-06-2003 05:08 AM