Old 14-07-2006, 02:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
R. Kannan

Default Sickly tree..

Hi,

A bradford pear tree in my front yard (about 7 years old) looked sickly and
dead last summer. This spring it seems to have flowered but has very feaw
leaves see images (from May and late June) at

http://www.geocities.com/rkannan55/Tree/tree0508.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rkannan55/Tree/tree0625.jpg

I have added acidic fertilizer and after a month it does not seem to have
many leaves. Is there any chances of reviving this tree? Is this
because of the local soil condition.

I live in Michigan and the house front faces SW and gets plenty of Sun
during afternoons.

Any help is appreciated.

Old 14-07-2006, 06:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
sherwindu

The tree may be attacked by some pathogen. There are some expensive sprays
available, so inquire at your nearest garden center. In any case, I would give
the
tree one more season to recover. If it doesn't improve, you may have to pull
it.
Check the base of the tree for any problems like insects or root damage. I'm
not
sure if these trees have borer problems, but look for distinctive crescent
shaped
holes in the trunk. You could also take a sample leaf to your nearest extension

service or plant information center for inspection.

Sherwin D.

Old 14-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Registered User

Smile

sherwindu The tree may be attacked by some pathogen. There are some expensive sprays

"R. Kannan" wrote:

Hi,

A bradford pear tree in my front yard (about 7 years old) looked sickly and
dead last summer. This spring it seems to have flowered but has very feaw
leaves see images (from May and late June) at

http://www.geocities.com/rkannan55/Tree/tree0508.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rkannan55/Tree/tree0625.jpg

I have added acidic fertilizer and after a month it does not seem to have
many leaves. Is there any chances of reviving this tree? Is this
because of the local soil condition.

I live in Michigan and the house front faces SW and gets plenty of Sun
during afternoons.

Any help is appreciated.

if anyone in your area knows someone who runs an orchard that has pear trees maybe ask them if they would come and take a look at your tree for
u maybe they would know more about whats wrong with it.
also if u cant find anyone contact your agricultural office and they
might be able to help u find someone that can help with this issue.
good luck. cyaaaa, sockiescat.

[IMG] code is On

sickly plum tree Kate Morgan United Kingdom 7 15-07-2006 03:16 PM
helping a sickly, spindly Clematis peter Gardening 4 11-07-2003 11:56 PM
sickly looking habanero MOO112 Gardening 15 13-06-2003 12:32 PM
sickly looking azaleas Jane Gardening 1 10-04-2003 08:56 PM
Do These plants look sickly? Cowboy Gardening 7 07-03-2003 06:56 PM