Old 14-07-2006, 09:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jack W

Default A Ground Cover That Has Balls

Even though the oxalis is an excellent, weed-choking, low growing
ground cover that needs mowing only once every three weeks in the
"wild" area, we have another one that's even better.

It may be what they call "hop clover" or something similar in the
Trifolium genus. It puts down a very thick mat. It also has yellow
flowers but oval-shaped, rather than heart-shaped leaves.

It also has nitrogen-fixing testicles.

Old 16-07-2006, 08:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener

Jack W wrote:
Even though the oxalis is an excellent, weed-choking, low growing
ground cover that needs mowing only once every three weeks in the
"wild" area, we have another one that's even better.

It may be what they call "hop clover" or something similar in the
Trifolium genus. It puts down a very thick mat. It also has yellow
flowers but oval-shaped, rather than heart-shaped leaves.

It also has nitrogen-fixing testicles.

could you post pictures of that? over on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens?
I'd love to see it. I'm love the image of a ground cover that has balls!
LOL excellent! (it's something I'd say and not worry about having said
it. what kind of oxalis is it you have in your wild area that needs
mowing one every three weeks? and where is you at?
madgardener whose oxalis is planted deliberately....burgundy leafed
ones, green with center marks, a tender one that has red heart shaped
leaves I grow in a pot with another kind called Silver and Gold, and
another one that is a wild flower around here with yellow flowers that
have seed pods that taste like pickles......(great in salad, the wild
one is)