Old 25-07-2006, 11:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default mysterious

I have a flower bed ,it has hardwood mulch ,I keep getting some mysterious
yellowish spots about 6" ,I try to hose them off but come back in the same
place,closest way to describe it is it looks like scrambled eggs.Mold
,insect eggs ? Thanks

Old 25-07-2006, 12:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Tony Pacc wrote:

I have a flower bed ,it has hardwood mulch ,I keep getting some mysterious
yellowish spots about 6" ,I try to hose them off but come back in the same
place,closest way to describe it is it looks like scrambled eggs.Mold
,insect eggs ? Thanks

slime mold

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old 25-07-2006, 01:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 05:49:05 -0500, "Tony Pacc"
wrote:

I have a flower bed ,it has hardwood mulch ,I keep getting some mysterious
yellowish spots about 6" ,I try to hose them off but come back in the same
place,closest way to describe it is it looks like scrambled eggs.Mold
,insect eggs ? Thanks

Interesting stuff isn't it? When I put in my latest lantana bed I
used mulch from the Agricenter, mostly sawdust from animal pens that
has been composted for about a year in a pile behind the place.
There was an interesting display of growth in several spots of the
mulch. I found it rather colorful and eye catching, but it didn't
last long. It was tiny snuff box type fungi, hundreds of them in a
mass that would release spores when punctured. (Yours may be
different, but I bet it is a fungus.) I had plenty of time and
punched a few. One must enjoy the roses and the fungi as we pass
through life.

Regards,

Hal
Old 25-07-2006, 06:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
I have a flower bed ,it has hardwood mulch ,I keep getting some mysterious
yellowish spots about 6" ,I try to hose them off but come back in the same
place,closest way to describe it is it looks like scrambled eggs.Mold
,insect eggs ? Thanks\

Tony--according to what i've read, the slime molds thrive oon decomposing
wood...i get them, and wonder if that means the sides of my raised beds are
going to be disappearing...

I have also read of those who claim they taste good..

HTH,

(squemish) Deb

Old 25-07-2006, 06:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Deb Hayes" wrote in message

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
I have a flower bed ,it has hardwood mulch ,I keep getting some mysterious
yellowish spots about 6" ,I try to hose them off but come back in the
same
place,closest way to describe it is it looks like scrambled eggs.Mold
,insect eggs ? Thanks\

Tony--according to what i've read, the slime molds thrive oon decomposing
wood...i get them, and wonder if that means the sides of my raised beds
are going to be disappearing...

I have also read of those who claim they taste good..
HTH,
(squemish) Deb

Hey...people eat truffles. Do you ever wonder who first discovered some of
our stranger foods? If I could be a passenger in a time machine, I'd like to
find out who the hell first decided to dissect an artichoke, or eat sea
urchin roe.

Old 25-07-2006, 11:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

" wrote in message

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
I have a flower bed ,it has hardwood mulch ,I keep getting some mysterious
yellowish spots about 6" ,I try to hose them off but come back in the
same
place,closest way to describe it is it looks like scrambled eggs.Mold
,insect eggs ? Thanks\

Tony--according to what i've read, the slime molds thrive oon decomposing
wood...i get them, and wonder if that means the sides of my raised beds
are going to be disappearing...

I have also read of those who claim they taste good..

HTH,

(squemish) Deb

Hmmm--seems my spellchecker missed squemish--

Just for the record, i know it's spelled with an "a"

squeamish

Deb Hayes
"Deb Hayes