Old 31-07-2006, 10:18 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Off/Generic Herbicide Brands?

"Andrew" wrote in message
oups.com...
bthiede wrote:
Are any generic or non-Roundup brand herbicides effective? I would
figure if they have the same amount of Glyphosate, why not? But maybe
some of you have had some experience...

Glyphosates should be the same regardless of brand. I haven't noticed
any difference between Round-Up and "non-Round-Up" glyphosate, other
than price of course. I usually compare price with concentration and
buy what's cheapest.

the period before cutting/mowing is usually a few days longer for the
generic than roundup that I have seen. Still works the same however.

rob

Old 02-08-2006, 12:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

Old 02-08-2006, 01:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

Andrew wrote:
bthiede wrote:
Are any generic or non-Roundup brand herbicides effective? I would
figure if they have the same amount of Glyphosate, why not? But maybe
some of you have had some experience...

Glyphosates should be the same regardless of brand. I haven't noticed
any difference between Round-Up and "non-Round-Up" glyphosate, other
than price of course. I usually compare price with concentration and
buy what's cheapest.

That's what I would think. Anyone have any experience with "Hi Yield
Kill Zall"? They sell that for pretty cheap at www.cooperseeds.com

Old 02-08-2006, 02:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

The only difference may be in additives such as sicker-spreaders or
other non-actives. I buy the generic and add some cheap
sticker-spreader.

Old 02-08-2006, 03:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

This may sound stupid but whats a sticker spreader?

Andrew wrote:
bthiede wrote:
Are any generic or non-Roundup brand herbicides effective? I would
figure if they have the same amount of Glyphosate, why not? But maybe
some of you have had some experience...

Glyphosates should be the same regardless of brand. I haven't noticed
any difference between Round-Up and "non-Round-Up" glyphosate, other
than price of course. I usually compare price with concentration and
buy what's cheapest.

[IMG] code is On

Generic Shark Upright Widepath Vacuum Cleaner Bags, 10pk [email protected] Edible Gardening 0 22-05-2009 02:28 AM
Any Generic Crabgrass Preventers? panabiker Lawns 2 01-03-2008 12:43 AM
generic equipment so238 Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 22-09-2004 01:45 PM
Roundup - buy the generic GeneS Texas 20 06-04-2004 09:31 PM
Comments on Brands of Mag Drive Pumps Daniel Z Ponds 0 29-04-2003 08:56 AM