Old 10-08-2006, 03:14 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default what kind of plant is this???

i found this strange plant growing in our front yard landscaping the
other day. anyone one know what this is? the flies swarmed these two
things. they seemed to really love it - what ever they are.

thanks.

http://i6.tinypic.com/245g30k.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/245g5th.jpg

Old 10-08-2006, 04:23 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article .com,
says...
i found this strange plant growing in our front yard landscaping the
other day. anyone one know what this is? the flies swarmed these two
things. they seemed to really love it - what ever they are.

thanks.

http://i6.tinypic.com/245g30k.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/245g5th.jpg

I believe it is one of the "dog stinkhorn" fungi...there probably is a
foul odor along with it.
--
Lar

but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:24 AM posted to rec.gardens

Ward wrote:
i found this strange plant growing in our front yard landscaping the
other day. anyone one know what this is? the flies swarmed these two
things. they seemed to really love it - what ever they are.

thanks.

http://i6.tinypic.com/245g30k.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/245g5th.jpg

I've never seen it in that exact color scheme but the pictures clearly
show a stinkhorn fungus:
http://www.richard-seaman.com/Fungus/Phallic/index.html
http://www.fcps.edu/StratfordLanding..._stinkhorn.htm

Steve
Old 10-08-2006, 04:25 AM posted to rec.gardens

Ward wrote:

i found this strange plant growing in our front yard landscaping the
other day. anyone one know what this is? the flies swarmed these two
things. they seemed to really love it - what ever they are.

thanks.

http://i6.tinypic.com/245g30k.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/245g5th.jpg

likely Stinkhorn fungus or close relative.

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old 10-08-2006, 04:25 AM posted to rec.gardens

Lar wrote:

In article .com,
says...
i found this strange plant growing in our front yard landscaping the
other day. anyone one know what this is? the flies swarmed these two
things. they seemed to really love it - what ever they are.

thanks.

http://i6.tinypic.com/245g30k.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/245g5th.jpg

I believe it is one of the "dog stinkhorn" fungi...there probably is a
foul odor along with it.

Hey, you beat me by one minute! If I hadn't stopped to spell check, I
might have gotten my reply in first! :-)

Steve

Old 10-08-2006, 01:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 9 Aug 2006 19:14:25 -0700, "Ward" wrote:

i found this strange plant growing in our front yard landscaping the
other day. anyone one know what this is? the flies swarmed these two
things. they seemed to really love it - what ever they are.

thanks.

http://i6.tinypic.com/245g30k.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/245g5th.jpg

Oh that! It's a shriveled penis. LOL
Old 10-08-2006, 02:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
says...
Lar wrote:

In article .com,
says...
i found this strange plant growing in our front yard landscaping the
other day. anyone one know what this is? the flies swarmed these two
things. they seemed to really love it - what ever they are.

thanks.

http://i6.tinypic.com/245g30k.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/245g5th.jpg

I believe it is one of the "dog stinkhorn" fungi...there probably is a
foul odor along with it.

Hey, you beat me by one minute! If I hadn't stopped to spell check, I
might have gotten my reply in first! :-)

Steve

blowing away the smoke from the index finger A benefit from being a
Texan..don't need the spell check...any typos are looked at as typing
with a Texas draw...