Old 12-08-2006, 03:20 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Corn burting through husks?

At first I though I had racoons visiting my garden, but as I looked closer
saw several ears in different stages of "bursting" through the husks. Is
this normal? The husks at the top of the ears seem to be slowly splitting,
allowing the corn to show through. There is no damage at all to the corn, no
critter bites, nothing. Corn actually looks quite nummy .

Old 12-08-2006, 06:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

It's not a problem, it's just that I've never seen it before. At first I
thought critters were visiting my garden as there is a family of skunks that
goes through my yard every night on their way from here to there. And they
do it up wind of my bedroom window, peeeyoooouuuiiiii. But the corn is find
(qute good, actually

oups.com...
Matthew Reed wrote:
At first I though I had racoons visiting my garden, but as I looked
closer
saw several ears in different stages of "bursting" through the husks. Is
this normal? The husks at the top of the ears seem to be slowly
splitting,
allowing the corn to show through. There is no damage at all to the corn,
no
critter bites, nothing. Corn actually looks quite nummy .

[IMG] code is On

evolutionary purpose of husks on walnut [email protected] Plant Science 4 28-10-2008 11:54 PM
Corn husks Chris[_14_] Gardening 4 16-06-2008 06:18 PM
Orange Colour "Husks" On Soil And Grass Mike United Kingdom 2 23-05-2004 03:08 PM
Moss growing through pavers rob v Lawns 1 05-05-2003 10:56 PM
Birds coming through animaux Gardening 2 07-02-2003 04:47 PM