Old 13-08-2006, 10:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
CB CB is offline

Default dead jap beetles in lawn

I'm noticing a ton of dead japanese beetles on my lawn, particularly under
my kwanzaan cherry trees. I've had a rough time with getting grass to grow
on my lawn due to grubs and the like. I wonder if these dead beetles will
pose a problem for the future lawn? Any ideas?

Old 14-08-2006, 12:18 AM posted to rec.gardens

Put down a season long grub control if you are OK being non-organic.
You can stop the fall part of their life cycle.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2504.html

If you are organic use Milky Spore, but is does not do much unless your
neighbors apply it too.

Jim

Old 14-08-2006, 02:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 2006-08-13 19:18:14 -0400, "McGerm" said:

Put down a season long grub control if you are OK being non-organic.
You can stop the fall part of their life cycle.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2504.html

If you are organic use Milky Spore, but is does not do much unless your
neighbors apply it too.

Milky Spore is fine and WILL spread into surrounding lawns OVER TIME.
It can take up to 5 years to start really being effective. Follow lable
directions. Grubs eat it, die and the spores multiply worse than
rabbits! In the meantime you can use Bayer 24 hour grub control. Kills
NOW whatever grubs are there NOW.

Old 14-08-2006, 01:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
CB CB is offline

But what about the dead beetles? Do I need to worry about getting those up
off the lawn?

Old 14-08-2006, 05:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 2006-08-14 08:35:10 -0400, "cb" said:

But what about the dead beetles? Do I need to worry about getting those
up off the lawn?

They'll rot away.

[IMG] code is On

[IBC] Jap Maple Structure cut Martin Haber Bonsai 5 11-10-2003 11:02 PM
Jap Maple Structure cut Theo Bonsai 0 11-10-2003 01:12 PM
Jap. Red Pine news4.bellatlantic.net Bonsai 0 02-07-2003 03:56 AM
[IBC] Jap. Maple, looks good, not growing audgen Bonsai 3 28-05-2003 10:20 AM
Organic jap 'superthrive', better results too!!! Jonathan Phua Orchids 0 26-01-2003 04:39 AM