Old 29-08-2006, 03:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default bouganvellia being eaten by insects?

My bouganvellia flowers and many of the leaves are being eaten by some
sort of insect, yet I've never heard of bouganvellia attracting many
insects and I never see any insects on my bouganvellia. Every morning
when I wake up more and more of it is eaten. Any idea what could be
killing it? I live in Southern California in a zone 18 (but very close
to a zone 19 and 21).

Thanks for any help in advance!

Old 29-08-2006, 11:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote in message
ups.com...
My bouganvellia flowers and many of the leaves are being eaten by some
sort of insect, yet I've never heard of bouganvellia attracting many
insects and I never see any insects on my bouganvellia. Every morning
when I wake up more and more of it is eaten. Any idea what could be
killing it? I live in Southern California in a zone 18 (but very close
to a zone 19 and 21).

Here's a google return for Bougainvillea pests. You may find what you're
looking for:

http://www.google.com/search?q=bouga...en-US:official

--
Tara