Old 29-08-2006, 09:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default great fertilizer for roses and fruit trees

can someone recommend a fertilizer for roses and fruit trees? I am
using "grobetter" fertilizer which is great but it's sold in california
and i'm in florida.

Old 29-08-2006, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

I use a rose fert and systemic, on fruit trees I use Jobe's spikes. Ingrid

"DS_7" wrote:

can someone recommend a fertilizer for roses and fruit trees? I am
using "grobetter" fertilizer which is great but it's sold in california
and i'm in florida.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan
Old 29-08-2006, 11:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 29 Aug 2006 13:02:10 -0700, "DS_7"
wrote:

can someone recommend a fertilizer for roses and fruit trees? I am
using "grobetter" fertilizer which is great but it's sold in california
and i'm in florida.

For the roses I use fish emulsion and composted cow manure. Roses
grow best with organic fertilizers. For the trees you can buy fruit
tree fertilizer spikes.
Old 30-08-2006, 08:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

can someone recommend a fertilizer for roses and fruit trees? I am
using "grobetter" fertilizer which is great but it's sold in california
and i'm in florida.

For the roses I use fish emulsion and composted cow manure. Roses
grow best with organic fertilizers.

What is the research to back this up? Straight, non-confrontational
question. E.g. have there been studies of what you advocate vs. the
fertilizer-cum-pesticide granules sold in garden stores?

Thanks for info.

Persephone.

[...]

Old 30-08-2006, 01:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

Rabbit manure is about as good as it gets for roses.

Old 31-08-2006, 01:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

Triple 10 works good enough. The diameter of the tree
determines the amount. Checkout your local extension
service. The one in NC has pdf files you can download
on the subject.

This year I used a steel spike about 18" and made
holes in the ground at drip line of the peach trees.
Filled the holes with triple 10 and had the best
peaches so far this year.

thunder