Old 23-09-2006, 05:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Seeding Grass

I recently killed, tilled, then reseeded my lawn (3 weeks ago). The
grass came in OK, but there are still lots of bare areas. What can I
do about this? Can you overseed new seedlings, or will that risk
overcrowding them and killing what I already have? Could I just
selectively overseed the bare areas? Or should I just wait until
spring to overseed?

Old 23-09-2006, 08:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

bthiede wrote:
I recently killed, tilled, then reseeded my lawn (3 weeks ago). The
grass came in OK, but there are still lots of bare areas. What can I
do about this? Can you overseed new seedlings, or will that risk
overcrowding them and killing what I already have? Could I just
selectively overseed the bare areas? Or should I just wait until
spring to overseed?

You still have time since fall just started to overseed the bare areas.
Unless there is too many bare areas and then I would overseed the whole
thing. Weeds could trickle in if you wait till spring. Make sure the
seed is getting adequate moisture. Once the seed gets wet it needs
continual moisture to grow or it will dry out and die. Are you able to
mow it yet?
Sue

Old 23-09-2006, 10:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 23 Sep 2006 09:29:05 -0700, "bthiede"
wrote:

I recently killed, tilled, then reseeded my lawn (3 weeks ago). The
grass came in OK, but there are still lots of bare areas. What can I
do about this? Can you overseed new seedlings, or will that risk
overcrowding them and killing what I already have? Could I just
selectively overseed the bare areas? Or should I just wait until
spring to overseed?

Fill the in bare spots with more seed, preferably the same
brand/blend. I don't know your specific location, but it is probably
better to seed now than in spring because the ground is warmer and the
grass will have all winter to grow roots. Next spring you will have
to deal with weeds.

[IMG] code is On

Seeding bald spots in grass Ignoramus24949 Gardening 0 01-04-2004 09:56 AM
Seeding bald spots in grass Ignoramus24949 Gardening 2 01-04-2004 09:43 AM
Grass seeding limey Gardening 2 04-03-2004 04:05 AM
HELP...grass seeding Peter Gardening 8 02-11-2003 07:12 PM
Seeding backyard with grass seed The Filers Lawns 8 29-05-2003 10:44 PM