Old 30-09-2006, 01:17 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Concord grapes

FamilyNet International Newsgate

wrote:

HAMy concard grape arbor is produceing much leaf growth,
HAbut very very few grapes

HAProbably needs more phosphates. Nitrates the first number in a
HAfertilizer produces lots of green. That is why lawn fertilizers have
HAa higher first number, but fruits and flowers like a higher middle
HAnumber which is for phosphorus. I like a high middle number like
HAtomato stakes 6-12-6 for flowering plants. I can't always get an
HAexact 1-2-1 type, but have to settle for something close depending on
HAthe quantity and type I need. The third number in fertilizer is
HApotash/potassium and plants need a little of that to properly utilize
HAthe other two. I've heard tell that old pecan orchards have been
HArestored to produce again by the addition of potasH

Thanks Hal

The fine print for Peters Professional All Purpase Plant Food

Shows 20% nitrogen, 20% availalable phosphates and 20% soluable
potash..

I will shop for some for some phoshates to increase yhe fruiting

Stay young, OldAck

---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

FamilyNet Internet Gated Mail
http://www.familynet-international.org

[IMG] code is On

Concord grapes B. Joshua Rosen Edible Gardening 3 07-08-2003 10:13 PM
Concord Grapes Gardening 0 11-04-2003 11:20 AM
Concord Grapes Warren Gardening 0 04-04-2003 06:08 PM